Heating repair, heating maintenance, and heating service
Regular heating services is important in keeping your home warm during the winter and ensuring that your heating system is working properly throughout the entire cold season. There are several different types of heating systems and fuels available, but the most popular household fuel for heat is natural gas.
Typically, heating systems use more energy than any other systems in your homes making up almost half of a utility bill during the cold winter months. The best way to save money on heating systems in your home is to properly maintain your heating equipment, and/or upgrade when necessary! By combining proper equipment maintenance, and upgrades like insulation, air sealing, and thermostat setting, you can save significantly on your energy bill.
Here are some tips on how to save on energy bills:
- Keep your thermostat on a temperature that is comfortable but not too high.
- Set your thermostat lower when you are not home.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces regularly.
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiations as needed.
- Remove trapped air from hot water radiators each season.
- Allow natural light to come into your home to increase natural warmth.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn heat down in rooms you are not in.
- Maintain all heating equipment regularly.
Different types of heating systems:
- Solar heating
- Furnace & Boilers
- Heat Pumps
- Wood Pellet Heating
- Hot Water Radiators
- Radiant Heating
- Forced Air
Some of the heating services Kulk’s Plumbing & Heating offers are:
Making sure that you heating system is working properly and efficiently is key for you and your family. Whether you need furnace repair, boiler repair, water heater services, updated thermostats, etc. well Kulk’s Plumbing & Heating can help!