Video inspection is becoming an increasingly important practice in professional plumbing service. Essentially, video inspection consists of a digital plumbing camera attached to a push rod that is inserted into your pipes to allow for a clear visual inspection deep inside. These inspections can also be recorded. A plumbing camera is essential in accurately finding the root of a problem.
What Is A Plumbing Camera Used For?
- Checking/diagnosing the specific cause of a clog or damage
- Finding exact location of clog or damage
- Verifying that blockage has been removed
- Determining types of pipes used in home
- Inspection of condition of pipes (especially older ones)
- Proactive deep inspection of pipes to diagnose minor issues before they turn larger
- Finding cracked pipes
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Plumbing Camera During Inspection Or Plumbing Service?
- Accurate Diagnosis – Being able to see a real-time feed of deep within your home’s pipes is the most accurate way to diagnose and treat the actual source of an issue.
- Eliminates Unnecessary Digging – Major digging to find the source of an issue can be scary. With a plumbing camera inspection, you can avoid extensive and unnecessary excavation of your yard to find the source of damage.
- Quick – Since camera’ing is a no-dig solution, it allows us to pinpoint the exact place of damage/clog on the first try, this solution is less time consuming. Meaning, less time spent on finding the issues, and more time spend on the repair/replacement.
- Determine Condition Of Pipes – Without the use of a plumbing camera technology system, it’s hard to 100% accurately determine the condition of your pipes. A plumbing camera inspection is particularly important when purchasing a new home to evaluate the condition of older pipes.
- Stored Footage – The footage captured during a plumbing camera service can be recorded. This is a great resource to have for insurance purposes and to keep on file to later reference.
Plumbing issues are always challenging because it is often hard to determine the exact root of an issue due to pipes being hidden and hard to access. But, with plumbing camera services, this challenge is eliminated. A recorded plumbing pipe inspection ensures that the issue is accurately diagnosed from the start, ensuring the correct repair is made that will last. At Kulk’s Plumbing & Heating, we specialize in pipe repair and have the excavation equipment needed to do this. By using camera technology, we are able to find a pipe that may be cracked or damaged and in need of repair. Camera’ing also allows for us to ensure that the source of the problem has been taken care of, and that no other risks remain. This insurance helps to decrease future issues and/or diagnose and repair other minor issues before they turn larger.
By using advanced digital technology, we are able to accurately and safety handle your plumbing issues with minor disruption to your property and walls. The recorded footage of your plumbing system is also available for purchase to use for insurance purposes and as an important visual inspection to keep on file. If you are interested in a plumbing camera inspection for a new home and/or your current home, give Kulk’s Plumbing & Heating a call! If you are having plumbing issues and are not sure how to identify where the problem area is, our digital inspections are the most accurate way to ensure that we’ve not only found and repaired the root of the main issue, but also found any other minor issues along the way that you may have been unaware of. Additionally, we can use the camera technology to confirm that the issues have in fact been eliminated.
If you are in need of emergency plumbing services, Kulk’s Plumbing & Heating offers these services 24/7!